Happy New Year!
It is always exciting to start a new year. It provides a fresh start to driving towards your purpose, living your values and making a significant impact in your areas of influence.
As I start the New Year I like to think of a word or two that will keep me focused on my purpose throughout the year. The Pastor’s sermon on Sunday gave me the words I need in 2014 to raise the bar on my performance towards my purpose.
My two key focus words for 2014 are “All In!”
Those of you that consistently read my blog know that I feel that Jesus is the ultimate model of servant leadership. He was certainly “All In!” Throughout his ministry he was absolutely laser focused and “All In” when it came to the fulfillment of God’s purpose for his life.
These two words can help me raise the bar every day on my performance in 2014 in the following areas:
- Purpose – Was I “All In” today in working towards the advancement of my purpose?
- Values – Was I “All In” today in how I behaved and displayed my core values?
- Physical Health – What would going “All In” today in my fitness routine & eating habits look like?
- Spiritual Health – Was I “All In” today in spending time in the Word and in prayer to raise the bar on my faith and relationship with Jesus
- Mental Health – How will I go “All In” today to enhance the development of my mind and leadership abilities?
- Relationships – Have I gone “All In” today to build relationships with family, friends, clients, and co-workers?
I am committing to going “All In” throughout 2014. I want to be the very best I can be for my family, friends, and clients. They all deserve the best, so I need to be “All In” in all I do.
What word or words are you using to help you raise the bar in 2014 on your personal performance?
Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23