Transforming lives and cultures through servant leadership
Mark Deterding, Founder and Principle
Welcome. My name is Mark Deterding and I’m the founder and principle of Triune Leadership Services. I’m so glad you are here. My goal through Triune is to build up servant leaders and to transform organizational cultures.Read more about Mark: Expand
After working in executive positions in nationally known corporations for 35 years, I understand that the only way to lead people and teams to fulfill their God-given potential is through servant leadership. As a trusted expert in servant leadership, I’ve successfully navigated industry-leading companies through culture change — not only as an organizational leader, but also as a coach and consultant. Through my “boots on the ground” experiences and training, I bring an effective blend of actionable processes, proven tools, and applicable expertise to guide executives and emerging leaders onto a path of servant leadership; a path that leads to success and significance.
Here are my credentials:
- 35 Years Executive Leadership Experience
- ICF – Certified Executive Coach
- Author of “Leading Jesus’ Way” and “A Model of Servant Leadership”
- Featured in Ken Blanchard’s book “Leading at a Higher Level”
- Speaker at Ken Blanchard’s Executive Forum in both 2007 & 2011
Contrary to what you may believe, institutionalizing a culture of servant leadership is not a “soft” approach to management. It takes dedication and a life-long commitment to serving others, measuring results, and equipping yourself and everyone on your team to live with purpose. Triune Leadership Services can help you discover the power of servant leadership! The only question is, when are you ready to begin?Email Mark
Sara Thingvold, Servant Leadership Coach
Hi there! My name is Sara Thingvold, and I serve Triune as a Servant Leadership Coach. I am passionate about partnering with and encouraging others toward heart revival and servant leadership.Read more about Sara: Expand
I began my coaching career in athletics, with 21 combined years of coaching within USAV and high school volleyball teams. Then, in 2007, as my family and I began preparing for my husband Greg’s first deployment, God called me to deepen my coaching capabilities. I stepped up to lead a multi state effort between Minnesota, Hawaii, and Washington State which effectively synchronized family readiness support efforts for an Assault Helicopter Battalion 18 month deployment to the Middle East. The model became a template for other organizations to follow.
It was then that I discovered my deep passion for supporting others to serve well – which includes helping them keep themselves healthy and whole as they lifted others up.
To support myself to support others during our first deployment, I obtained my Practitioner and Mastery certifications, with an accreditation in wellness, through Learning Journeys the International Center of Coaching. The year after our second deployment, I achieved my Narrative coaching certification from Learning Journeys. In 2009, I was invited to be an Assistant Facilitator at Learning Journeys (a partnership I still maintain). Most recently, I’ve become a Trained Leader of Gottman Institute’s 7 Principles of Making Marriage Work and Bringing Baby Home.
To Triune’s clients, I bring a trained and richly experienced understanding of human behavior.
On the personal side, my heart lies with my family. My husband Greg and I have been married 25 years. I’m a proud retired military spouse whose husband served 32 years in the Army National Guard. I’m also the mother to two young adult children, Derrick and Brooke Lynn. I love the outdoors, working out, and being intentional about deepening my own wellness.
Here are my areas of expertise:
- Servant Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Regulation
- Extreme Self-Care (Mind-Body-Spirit Connection)
- Family Systems
Here are my services:
- 1:1 Coaching
- Small Group Coaching
- Couples Coaching
- Family Coaching
- Family Portraits
- Online Book Studies (Coming soon!)
Here are my credentials:
- Certified MCLC (Master Certified Life Coach)
- ICF – ACC Certified Executive Coach
- Assistant Facilitator, Learning Journeys International Center of Coaching
- Gottman’s Trained Leader, 7 Principals of Making Marriage Work and Bringing Baby Home
- Practitioner, Master, and Narrative Coaching Certifications
- B.A. Psychology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
I agree with Triune Founder Mark Deterding 100%: building a culture of servant leadership – both at work and at home – is not soft, or easy! Yet, it’s thrilling and invigorating. I would love to support you to take your servant leadership to the next level, and truly become the servant leader God created you to be.
For More Information: Sara Thingvold’s WebsiteClick to download Sara’s information. Email Sara
TRIUNE LEADERSHIP SERVICES – Our Foundation
TLS Purpose: Awaken the servant hearts within leaders and equip them to make a significant impact on the world.
TLS Vision: Equip leaders around the world with the principles of servant leadership that will enable them to mentor people within their sphere of influence and cascade a culture of servant leadership to make a positive impact on society.
- Honor God in everything we do. “Whatever we do, we work at it with all our heart…It is the Lord Jesus that we are serving” – Colossians 3:23, 24
- Relationships drive results. We choose to exhibit the behaviors outlined in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8: Patience, Kindness, Humility, Respectfulness, Selflessness, Forgiveness, Honesty, Commitment. When we do so, we view client partnerships and their success as the real reward.
- Commitment to excellence. We deliver on our commitments. We also continually advance our knowledge and the value we provide on behalf of our clients
- Trust one another. We will trust our clients and vendors and we will earn trust through honesty and integrity in all we do.